Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mama needs a new dress

I ran out of thread while I was working on the flower girl dress, so I decided to jump right into making a dress for myself! Better that than waste time, right?

I'd had this dress cut out for at least 4 years, and since I'm in need of a new dress, I figured now would be a good time to finally get this one together!

I picked the pattern many moons ago because one of my best friends used it for her "going away" dress after her wedding. She did hers out of a really pretty light weight white cotton, because it was summer, and paired it with vintage red jewelry and some fabulous red shoes and looked totally stunning.

Why I picked this sea green Japanese looking fabric I can't tell you. The color is not great on me, but I think it'll be a really pretty dress in the end, so that's all that matters. And maybe I'll surprise myself and work that seafoam Japanese dress like nobody's business!

No comments: