Wednesday, July 27, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

So, I'm sure you'd never guess that as a child I ADORED back to school shopping because it meant supplies.  Papers, pens, folders, notebooks, crayons, backpacks...I think if someone had just locked me up in an Office Depot, I'd have been happy for years.

Who am I kidding, that is still true.

Plus, "back to school" meant shopping for new clothes (whether you actually needed them or not) and so it was always nice to get a few new, "special" pieces to wear when the school year started.  Now, these were almost always Fall or Winter items, because as you know, "back to school" traditionally started after Labor Day and they didn't really ever change that when "back to school" started happening earlier and earlier, seeing children bounce off in the un-airconditioned yellow school busses when it was still hitting 100 most days of the week.

Did that stop me from wearing my new, "special" pieces to school?

No.

I was the damn fool walking around in a SUPERCUTE sweater and jeans when it was still heatstroke degrees outside.

*sigh*

So imagine my glee when my favorite applique shop put up some of their new "back to school" designs this week and I saw things like this:


And this:


You can WEAR your dang school supplies!!!!

I know school starts soon for most of y'all, but if you're looking for something cute for your little ones to start the year, let me know!   We can even do short sleeves so that your kids don't have to suffer the heatstroke that I did when I was stupid young.

Lilah's not in school proper, but I think she NEEDS a crayon shirt with matching ruffly skirt.

Don't you?

1 comment:

Lauran said...

Yes she does! And so does Matt! How much for a white, short sleeve Tee (4T) with the crayon appliques (in manly colors of course) and M-A-T-T? I'll send you a check asap!